Thunderstorm & Flood Safety
Stay Safe Until the Storm Passes
At Maglio Electric, we care about the safety of your home, family and guests. Click on the links below for safety tips and guidelines to weather a storm:
Additional Storm Safety Practices
- If you have space in your freezer, fill plastic containers 90% full of water to keep food cold if the power goes out.
- If you use medication that must be refrigerated, purchase a small ice chest to keep prescriptions cold for three days or more.
- Back up computers regularly. Consider buying extra batteries if you use a laptop. An inverter allows laptops and devices to be run off of your vehicle’s cigarette lighter.
- Get a surge protector for your computer and accessories.
- If you use your computer for a home business, purchase an uninterruptible power supply.
- Keep cell phones fully charged.
- Fill your car’s gas tank as well as extra gas containers.
- Keep a flashlight, portable radio and batteries handy.
- Know where your electric service panel is located. It’s usually found in the basement, in an attached garage, or other location near the exterior electric meter.
- Keep an emergency supply of bottled water on hand, especially if you have an electrical water pump/well system.
- Keep an emergency supply of convenience foods that do not require cooking. Examples include energy bars, trail mix, peanut butter and crackers, apple sauce, cereal, dried fruits, and canned chicken or tuna.
- If you have a backup generator, be sure you know how to use it safely.
- Keep a first aid kit in your home and your vehicles.
- If you have an electric garage door opener, learn to open the door manually. Keep a house key with you in case the garage door will not open.
Building Lifelong Relationships
“The electricians at Maglio Electric were professional and knowledgeable. They were prompt and did an amazing job solving all my electrical issues. I would highly recommend!” Jan H. Warren, NJ
“Maglio Electric is the best. Family run, supports the community. They are very professional and the quality is top-notch. Not only do I trust them with my house; they also take care of our firehouse.” Dan V. Asbury, NJ